The College has established an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to improve quality and create policies as a post-accreditation step. Within the existing academic and administrative framework, the IQAC has been actively monitoring and engaging in Quality Assurance. The cell has evaluated the process on a regular basis, as stated in the Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQAR) submitted to NAAC, Bangalore.
IQAC develops an academic plan at the start of each academic year and oversees its appropriate implementation through a variety of activities, programmes, and visits that result in academic and overall growth of students.
At the beginning of each academic year, IQAC sets an academic plan and oversees its proper implementation through a range of activities, programmes, and visits that result in students’ academic and comprehensive progress.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring that academic and administrative activities are completed in a timely, efficient, and progressive manner.
- Academic and research activities’ relevance and quality.
- Access to and affordability of academic programmes for people from all walks of life.
- Modern teaching and learning approaches are optimised and integrated.
- The validity of the evaluation process.
- Ensuring the sufficiency, upkeep, and proper operation of the support structure and services.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Establishing and implementing quality benchmarks/parameters for the institution’s numerous academic and administrative activities.
- Dissemination of data on higher education’s various quality indicators.
- Workshops and seminars on quality-related topics, as well as the promotion of quality circles. Documentation of the numerous quality-improvement programmes and initiatives.
- Serving as the institution’s nodal agency for quality-related initiatives.
- Based on the quality parameters, prepare the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC.