Arts and Cultural Cell (ACC):
The Cultural Activity Centre of Women’s College of Arts and Commerce was formally inaugurated since its inception under the name “Arts and Cultural Cell” (ACC). This association was set up to full the primary objective of harnessing the innate talent and skills of students and to realize the fullest development of their potentialities. ACC provides promising youngsters the perfect stage to showcase their special abilities, thereby shaping their individuality, building their character, and developing their competitive spirit.
With these objectives in mind, the Association has organized several programmes on music, arts, dance and craft. Eminent personalities from various fields were invited to share their creative experiences with the students and staff of the college. Lectures and presentations were held for the benefit of the students. The student body organizes all the programmes and competitions conducted by the cell.
ACC seeks to full the primary objectives envisaged by the Institution and to bring about all-round development of the students, fostered by an environment conducive to academics as well as creative arts.
Aims and Objectives of ACC:
- To foster and nurture healthy competitive spirit among the students
- To provide a platform to students to showcase their talents
- To shape and polish their creative potentials.
- To develop their personality and build their confidence
- To inculcate values in the students through the medium of performing arts.
- To prepare them for the challenges of the future.
- To teach them leadership and organizational skills
COMPETITIONS ORGANIZED BY ACC:
The following competitions are held every session and incentives in the form of prizes and certificates are given to the winners:
POETRY WRITING, RANGOLI, FLOWER ARRANGEMENT, PAINTING AND SKETCHING, ESSAY WRITING, RAKHI MAKING, DEBATE, EXTEMPORE, POSTER COMPETITION etc.