The Department of English was established in the same year as the founding of the College, i.e., 1984.
Vision: To enhance proficiency in the use of the English Language.
Mission: To Inspire and Motivate students to acquire and appreciate the nuances of the English Language in a global context.
Three-year Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Commerce Degree Course wherein the subject is offered as:
Duration of the Course:
It is a Grant-in-aid Under-graduate course affiliated to Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. Approved by the Government of Maharashtra and recognized by UGC under 2f and 12b.
The Course is of three years duration. Examinations are conducted semester-wise by RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur.
Communicative English and Personality Development Course:
The College offers Communicative English and Personality Development course to UG students that offer several career opportunities to the students in various industry sectors like media and mass communication, advertising and hospitality, travel and tourism, etc. Besides imparting language skills, the Course helps learners to develop their personality and to face the challenges of the future with confidence.
Students who have passed the H.S.S.C. (10+2) level are eligible for admission to the B.A. /B.Com. programs.
|Photo||Name of the Staff||Designation||Qualification||Specialization||Experience|
|Dr. M. A. Khan||Assistant Professor||M.A. (English, Hindi, Urdu), Ph.D. (English)||Anglo Indian Literature||32 Years|
|Mangesh B. Shamkure||Assistant Professor||M.A. (English), M.Phil., B.Ed., Ph.D. (Submitted)||American Literature||12 Years|
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH:
- To inculcate interest among students in assimilating the ethics and values through the study of English language.
- To help the students in learning English language in a stress free atmosphere.
- To motivate the students in developing their career with the help of English language.
- To make English interesting and informative as a subject.
- To use as much ICT as possible for better instruction.
- To reach out Higher Education to the most deprived and underprivileged sections in the society.
- To promote research aptitude among students.
- To equip our students to be a part of the Community Development Programmes and thus towards the ultimate object of a prosperous and vibrant nation.
- Organizing Seminars and Group Discussions of the students.
- To send students for the participation in various co-curricular activities and competitions like Debate, Elocution, Drama, Poetry Writing, Essay Writing & Poster Making.
- Orientation, Intensive & Tutorial classes are conducted.
- Organizing two Unit Tests in each session, two term exams and frequent Surprise Tests.
- Discussion of Previous question papers of University in the classroom.
- To facilitate English Language Learning process through English Language Lab.
- To make English Language learning process students’ friendly.
- To enhance the EnglishLanguage proficiency of students by developing their communicative skills.
B.A. & B.COM. PROGRAMMES SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’S):
A student who has taken admission into this programme of B.A. with English as Compulsory subject is expected to target the following outcomes.
- To hone with the knowledge of Basic English Language and Grammar.
- To strengthen the linguistic capabilities of the student through theory and practical sessions.
- To ingrain the mind towards creative writing, appreciation, critical thinking and critical analysis.
- To develop global competencies for successful life.
- To cultivate a value – added life to face challenges and achieve excellence.
- To kindle creative mind with innovative thoughts.
- To enable them to enjoy life through literature.
COURSE OUTCOMES (CO’s) B.A. and B.COM. (ENGLISH COURSE):
- To develop reading, writing and analytical skills and communicate their ideas critically, creative, and persuasively through the medium of language in the current informative and intensive society.
- To expose to a range of contexts where the language is used to meet a variety of real life communication needs.
- To equip with the practical, emotional, intellectual and creative aspects of language by integrating knowledge and skills.
- To develop their critical thinking capabilities focused through the course as an important need
- To enhance the following language skills.
- Spoken and written communication.
- Writing of Resume, letter writing, e-mail, and advertisement writing.
- Writing News-report, Essay, paragraph and review.
- Narration of experience and daily routine.
- Interview techniques.
- Understanding and interpretation of poem, prose, essay, short stories etc.
- Regular Guidance to Students
- Student Counseling
- Quizzes and Debates
- Guest Lecture
- ICT based Learning
- Educational Visit
- Elocution and
- Power Point Presentations are organized for the students.